Friday, June 3, 2011

Oparok

Here is a quick screen of the second game I am working on. Someday I hope to turn it into a card game, but, at the moment, this is all I have.

The game will play a lot like risk in the later stages involving armies attacking one another and attempting to take over. However it features some things from games like Magic The Gathering as well.

The board is made up of resource tiles (seen above) that players place at the start of the game. This effectively creates the battlefield. When each player has placed their last resource they place their Armies Leader on that tile. All resources start uncontrolled and are taken over when a Leader or Army begins it's turn on it. After taking over lands the player receives resources (Steel, Crystal, Plasma and Credits) from all resources they control. They can use these to play Instant, Structure or Army cards on the battlefield. Using these they must defeat the enemy army, conquer more resources and eventually destroy the enemy.

As always suggestions are welcome.

NOTE: The art is not mine, my name there is simply a test. Art credit: coolvibe.com.