Turns out my motherboard is a tad bit old (3 years, which is ancient in the computer world). So while it supports my Processor and I can plug it in, it does not run it. Instead it calls it something else and runs about as well as a half naked man being raped by a rhino while bobsledding. That is to say, not very well.
So, I guess that means a few things.
First, do your research, it may take some time, but it will never be a waste of it.
Second, know what your doing, don't buy stuff you can't run, it makes you look and feel stupid.
Finally, learn from your mistakes, I won't be doing this again, and hopefully none of you will either.
So, if any of you have any motherboards you want to suggest than just let me know. I'm shopping for one now, a pity really.
