Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Gamejolt's New Contest

I have written about Gamejolt before. It is a site designed for game developers to upload their game creations. Unlike many game sites such as Addicting Games or Kongregate Gamejolt is different. Gamejolt promotes users that upload more than just flash games. The site fully supports the Unity webplayer as well as Java and Flash programs for those people that want to play online games.

However, for those people that want something more Gamejolt allows users to upload full games that users may download or play through Quickplay. Thus I have uploaded many of my games to the site.

I just recieved a new email from Gamejolt about a new Invention Contest. The final game is due on Valentines Day so I will need to get started.

Does anybody have any ideas? I was planning on having a "build your own Mech" battlefield. A 2D platfromer where you must construct a powerful mech warrior from various parts and fight the bad guys. I am not really fond of this idea though so I am looking for ideas, thus the question.

If you are interested in entering/creating your own game you can check out the Contest page here.

If you have an idea please suggest it. Who knows, I might make it.