Monday, February 14, 2011

More Comment Updates

A did a little more work and now there are a lot of fun new features on the comments section.

First off you can now add smilies! These can be done by simply typing the ASCII of the smily or using the smily button near the reply window.

Also I have added a spell checker. Please use it.

Finally, I have added a way to embed YouTube videos directly into your comments.

Also I have added a CommentLuv which should add a link to your latest blog post. I'm not sure how that will work however as the plugin was primarily designed for WordPress. I'm willing to test it out though.

Finally after you post your comment you will be given the option to share it on Facebook. As someone who doesn't have Facebook I'm not sure if thats useful or not.

Additionally all comments with too many links (more than 2) will be marked as spam. So don't link spam. You can create links to relevant content by using basic HTML A tags.

Sample: <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a>
Creates: Google

You can also use some other tags like bold and italics.